What is a LED transformer?
A LED transformer (also called a transformer) ensures that high voltage is converted into the necessary low voltage. A transformer ensures that the lighting receives the working voltage it needs.
Some lights will not work without a LED transformer and with other lights, you do not need a transformer. You can read below when you do or do not need a transformer and whether a transformer is included in the delivery.
- LED recessed porch spotlights (sets)| transformer included
- LED surface-mounted spotlights for porch (sets) | transformer included
- LED ground lights 230-volt | transformer not required
- LED ground lights 24-volt | transformer required, not supplied
- LED spike lights 230-volt | transformer not required
- LED spike lights 24-volt | transformer required, not supplied
- LED deck lights (sets) 12-volt | transformer included
- LED deck lights 24-volt | transformer needed, not supplied
- LED wall lights 230v | transformer not needed
- LED wall lights 24v | transformer needed, not included
- LED standing lights 230v | transformer not required
- LED standing lights 24v | transformer required, not supplied
- LED recessed spotlights | transformer included
- LED recessed spots stairs | transformer included
Different types of LED transformers
The transformers are described below to give you a better idea of which one you need. We make a distinction between porch, garden, and indoor transformers.
Have you bought a LED built-in spotlight conservatory BAS set and do you need a new transformer? Then order the Hamulight transformer 6-hole or 12-hole. If you have a set with 4 or 6 pcs., choose the 6-hole transformer. Do you need a new transformer for a set of 8, 10, or 12 spots? Then choose the 12-hole version.
Would you like to buy a new transformer for your porch set with a Hamulight remote control?
Then order the Hamulight transformer with a 12-hole connector and remote control.
Have you bought a Somfy IO or RTS set and do you need a new transformer? Then order the Somfy IO or RTS transformer with 6 holes or 12 holes. The number of holes depends on the number of spots you have.
For all 24 Volt garden lights, you need a 24 Volt transformer. Otherwise, the lights will not work! It is possible to connect several 24-volt garden lights to one 24-volt transformer.
There are two different 24-volt transformers. You can choose from:
- The Hamulight LED transformer 24 volt (up to 80 watts)
- The Hamulight LED transformer 24 volt Astro (up to 100 watts)
The Hamulight LED transformer 24 volt (up to 80 watts)
The standard 24-volt LED transformer is equipped with a plug that you only have to put in the socket and the lighting will work!
The Hamulight LED transformer 24 volt Astro (up to 100 watts)
With the Astro transformer, you can even program the lighting in different modes. There are 5 different settings on the Astro! Below are all modes you can choose from:
1. The lighting stays on constantly (ON mode)
2. The lights stay off (OFF mode)
3. The lighting switches on at sunset and switches off at sunrise (AUTO mode)
4. You can set the lighting to go on and off at specific times (TIMER mode)
5. Or you set the Astro to (ASTRO mode) and use the astronomical timer with local sunrise
The wattage of a transformer shows how much wattage you can connect to the transformer. You can connect 10 ground spots of 10 Watts to a 24 Volt LED transformer of 100 Watts.
The indoor transformers ensure that high voltage is converted to low voltage. There are 3 different indoor transformers. Make sure you order the right transformer because there are 3 different transformers for indoor lighting.
Questions about LED transformers?
Do you have a question? Then ask our LED specialists. Every business day from 09.00 to 17.00 hours, they are ready to answer your questions!
Order today and receive tomorrow
Order today and you will benefit from a guarantee on the products.